Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First Ever Accident

I am so pissed...had my first ever truck accident that was my fault....kinda.

Last Thursday, while backing a truck into an odd loading dock at the Hershey Theater I, and the guy watching my tail, lost track of a 3' tall steel pole.
It was in front of my mirrors as backing at an angle. Being shoter than the wheel well, it went between the tire & the bumper. I said "hey I am on something"... he said "oh just the curb".
 Yeah...right. Damn. 
The pole exited via the bumper / fender. Not pretty. I can parallel park a 30' truck on 36th street near Times Square at rush hour, but miss an f*n pole. So much for my perfect driving record.  No ticket btw. The pole was not hurt. It did not even knock the trash out of the top.




1 comment:

  1. That looks like quite a lot of damage, but accidents happen and we won't always see everything, I like you have had a great driving record with both trucks and autos and have backed up trucks for years, but there is always the weird that happens.

    ReplyDelete