This is not the face of innocence hitting me up for cat treats. This is Mr.I-Can-Get-Revenge-On-Humans-I-Dislike.
Back story: Lois, lady in the studio next to my current one, hates my cat. In fact, when I moved into here I had two cats. Sara Cat was a climber and would get out of my space and roam the halls. At one point, on one of the hottest days of the year, she caught Sara Cat and tossed her off the parking deck and into the overgrown lot below. I was at work while it happened. I spent the next week looking for Sara Cat; the next two months going to shelters. (All my cat's are micro chipped.) I never found her. She succumbed to the heat, lack of water, the local wild foxes that hunt small game or all. Years later Lois bragged about getting rid of that "kitten"....Sara Cat was a 13 year old miniature calico. <sigh>
Last night I got back to the studio to find that Rudy Cat, whom I believed was not a climber, had broken into Lois' studio and could not figure a way out. He had obviously gone over the wall, on to her painting storage rack and jumped down. The studios all have deadbolts and kwikset locks. The walls are 10' tall, I have a 6' ladder. Needless to say I got more exercise than I wanted for the evening. Although I do not do it often, mostly because I am not as flexible as I was in my 20's & 30's, I have studied parkour as a form of movement. So, after grabing a 14' pipe to hit the deadbolt with, I Jackie Chan-ed my ass over the top of the wall. Once up there I found that Rudy Cat, whom gets yelled at by Lois, had been taking a dump on top of her 8' tall painting storage rack. Joy. That is a behavior he has when he is seeking revenge. Climbed down the painting rack, got the cat. Climbed back up, cleaned up the cat messes. Relocked the deadbolt from the inside and hauled my ass over the wall in reverse. Not my idea of a fun evening.
Lessons learned: Not only is Rudy Cat feeling better, I need to baffle off any possible ceiling level cat escape routes in the new space. And, I guess I can still move like I did in my 20's....but only if I absolutely must do so. Also learned, I really need find my bump key for these locks or just make another.

No comments:
Post a Comment