Rudy Cat and I are not doing well. He is sicker than a old cat should be and I cannot seem to shake this lingering cold / flu. This is the first time in 5+ years that I have been ill and my poor cat is suddenly showing his age.
I spent two days in DC working, when I probably should have taken the time off to rest. In between, I took poor Rudy Cat to the all night vet clinic. He was very dehydrated. He is not good. His kidneys are starting to fail. I have to give him sub-Q fluids now daily.
I am not ready for this and will not handle it too well. I am tired of loosing my best friends.

Looked up the symptoms of what I have. Totally the flu...and yes, I got the flu shot last fall. This was obviously a different strain. It also explains why I got sick. About six years ago, when this bs with my son etc started, I also got a version of the flu and was horribly sick. I have not been sick since then. Flu seems to be the only thing I cannot fight off. Ugh. The chills, body aches and coughing can end anytime now. Rudy Cat is a good nurse, he has barely left my side for a few minutes. Totally need & appreciate that.
ReplyDelete