Dinner with Dave last night. The usual, whatever he grabs & doctors for Chinese take-away & a merlot, then lots of just talking & catching up. He really does have the best of all worlds going. Two beautiful homes filled with antiques that he inherented, retired on a union pension & no kids, ex's etc to spend his money. Oddly, I am one of his mother's friends he keeps in contact with after all these years. Kind of that big brother type of thing. It works I guess.
You have mentioned him a few times, seems like an okay gent. Hopefully he is someone you can talk to about the shit of life, I take it he is much younger than you, looks like he has done well with what he has. You two have some things in common with the art world I surmise?
ReplyDeleteDave is five years older than I. His father was a rather famous painter, his mother & I became close friends. After she passed, I am one of a few of his mother's friends he kept in contact with. Although he is not an artist, we seem to have a lot of common art world connections & a common view of the art world bs.
ReplyDelete