Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Free Farm

Everyone has left, so I am finally able to sneak my food into the building tonight.  At noon today I hit the local free farm co-op that gives out free veggies, etc. once a week. It is another one of my local safety nets. While I have been working, I will not get paid for weeks, so I am living off my supplies larder. (Yup, it is that time of the year.) Monies I have right now are budgeted for bills. Nothing left for fresh veggies. That is where the free farm is a lifesaver. It is only about a half mile across the bridge from my studio. Headed by a Sikh who coordinates local hipster do-gooders. The food available is strictly vegetarian, some gleened from local organic markets, somw from backyard gardens. (I donate herbs every time I harvest & clip mine.)

Today's haul you can see here. A gallon each of shelf stable soy & almond milks, dozen eggs, several cups of yogurt, peppers, eggplants, tomatoes, white & sweet potatoes, kale, squash, celery,  and a few limes & oranges. (I passed on the sugared bake goods & day old bagels.) Score!! More than enough to fill my mini fridge and get me by for a couple of weeks. Yays for the free farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment