Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Simon


It is official, I have a new cat. 

I did not really want another cat so soon but the building mice and a pushy work associate later and I have another orange kitty. 

Simon is named for my beloved Rudy Cat, it was his original name. This of course is a shelter cat, but because the shelter is currently overflowing with cats would have been put down within only a few days. Once they knew I was interested he was given shots, fixed, checked for FeLV and micro chipped. Because of grants for all this to low income households, as long as I agreed to indoor only, the cost to me was free.

Simon is putting forth the effort to bond, maybe more so than I. I keeping referring to him as "the new mouser", his studio job title, rather than a pet. He is about 18 months old and well behaved. He is litter box trained, does not claw furniture and does not jump on food surfaces. I guess as cats go he is a darn good one.  

Oh, and the mice....history. Nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment