Yup, that would be my car. More snow than the locals know how to handle. Guess I know what I will be doing later today. But I am well prepared & supplied, and could easily not go out for a month.
Like my car, my world seems to be going nowhere fast. The studio move has not happened yet. The landlord is in no rush to dumpster the other guy's crap, (he saved trash). I have pushed a little, but do not want to be too much on her radar because I sneak and live here. I am quietly using other people to both to hussle her along and to get folks to understand that my studio will look more like a "living room" than a warehouse. A few people here remember a couple of my old studios, so all I had to do is mention I was setting it up like that and they start running their mouths. How is that good for me? I will get no hassle over it looking like a living space since it is "normal" and known that I have done the same in the past.
Work is still in limbo too. Busted ass to get my hours documented and turned in by the end of January. Had enough to be on the first call roster. Idiots are now delaying the release of the new call list and from what I have heard, deleting selected hours for some people. That way it keeps the good old boys at the top. Pffft! Same old, same old. Not that I expected anything different.
On a good note, Mr. Rudy Cat and I appear to be winning the mice battle. I have recovered my mini kitchen enough to actually cook and soon will be doing a bit of bottling of brews I made last Fall. (Recovering the other parts of the studio from mice will be ongoing, and probably not complete until the studio move. )
Right now, Rudy Cat & I just hang out in front of the space heater a lot, (it was 48°f on other parts of the floor last night!), hibernating until Spring.

No comments:
Post a Comment