Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My End

Akron, Ohio...for not sure how long...maybe always.

Backstory...

Early Thanksgiving morning I received yet another drunk dial from my youngest brother. He was having a self pity party because he has been having to stop by our parents house a couple times a week to help out with some basics. This is the brother that is a self proclaimed "Einstein" because he took an online test, (which needed a credit card to "verify" results). For some reason the rest of the family, and especially my parents, believe the crap that he is ultra intelligent. Whatever.

My father is slipping further & further into dementia & has high blood pressure. My mother has congestive heart failure. Both are on drugs for sodium & cholesterol, and my mother on heart rhythm drugs. Neither was taking medications in a timely manner. And encouraged by "Einstein" both were eating an extremely high salt diet (6000-8000mg per day!!)

Friday night after Thanksgiving, "Einstein" went to jail for ten days (yet another drinking & driving incident). Sunday night, after Thanksgiving, both parents were admitted to the hospital. The only way they could be released from the hospital was to have someone in the home. HIV positive trucker brother stopped by for a day & a half, (during which he got my father released, screwed up his after care appointments, made a mess of his medication.) My sister is in Boise, ID and has a new tea shop so she cannot leave. In order for my parents to not loose their home, and go into a nursing home, (which both of my cousins whom are in nursing recommend), I had to come to Akron.

Both parents are belligerent and make it well known I am not the person they want here. I have been referred to as stupid, a liar and full of crap on a nearly hourly basis. Since coming here have had to give up my stagehand job, have already lost my storage unit (no income = no way to pay rent), am being told I need to "just let my studio go" and no longer need a phone, (because they have a home phone). My poor Rudy Cat has been banished to a cold basement, but if I am allowed at some point to leave, will not be allowed to take him because they "like cats".

"Einstein" got out of jail two days ago. Since then I have had to deal with two extreme issues of verbal beratement, (stupid, ugly, failure, could not even keep my child or "satisfy" my husband), two threats of extreme beatings, ("I should beat you till you cannot stand up") and one death threat (he would be doing the family a "favor".) And of course neither parent sees anything wrong with his verbal abuse and threats and firmly believe that I am "doing something" to make him say such things"  because Einstein states such.

I guess bottom line is my life is over. Not looking for sympathy.  Not looking for a solution. Just letting you know what is up in my world. Gezz. I never thought I would say I miss being homeless & my 45°F studio.



No comments:

Post a Comment